This article will show you how to keep a close eye on your payments and disable all non-paying accounts. It's good practice to do this often—weekly or monthly.
STEP 1: IDENTIFY DELAYED, CANCELED AND FAILED PAYMENTS
The first thing you have to do is trace the payments that didn't go through and write down their IDs. Most of the time, your payment processor will send you an email when there is an issue. Alternatively, you can have a look at your reports. Here's how to do this with PayPal.
1. Go to Tools > All Tools in your business account.
2. Scroll to Recurring Payments and click Open.
3. You will see a list of all subscription payments. See the Outstanding, Suspended and Canceled groups. Keep in mind that "outstanding" can refer to customers whose card was valid at first but has been rejected for some reason. You may want to contact them personally before disabling their account.
4. Click on a customer's name and then click View History to see the ID of the failed transaction.
5. Copy and paste the ID in a text document.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all other canceled or suspended payments. In the end, you should have a list of transaction IDs.
STEP 2: DISABLE VIEWER ACCOUNTS
Time to track down your non-paying viewers and disable their accounts.
1. Log in to the StreamingVideoProvider Admin Panel.
2. Go to Analytics > Pay-Per-View Sales.
3. Open the text document where you saved the Transaction IDs. Copy a transaction ID and paste it in the search box (top right).
4. Click the three dots under Options and then click Manage.
5. In the right-hand pane, set the subscription to Disabled. Click Save.
1. Open your Stripe Dashboard.
2. Go to Payments and click the Filter button. Under Status select Canceled and Failed. Click Done to see the report.
⚠️Important: In Stripe, the transaction ID is called Description. This is the value you need.
3. Copy and paste each transaction's Description in a text document. Alternatively, you can use the Export button in the top right corner of your Stripe dashboard.
1. On the Home page, click Automated Recurring Billing™ (ARB).
2. Under Search & Reports, click View Transaction Status Report.
3. View the transactions in the Declined and Error categories.
4. For each transaction, copy and paste Trans ID in a text document.
1. Log in to the CCbill Admin
2. Go to Reports. You can find more information about the various types of reports here.
3. Check the Cancellations and Decline Lookup reports.
4. Click on Subscription ID to see the payment details.
5. Copy the Subscription ID at the bottom right of the page.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all canceled or declined transactions.