Once you complete this setup, you will be able to use Stripe to process credit card payments for pay per view tickets.
HOT TO SET UP STRIPE AS A PPV PAYMENT GATEWAY
⚠️ Before you begin, please make sure your Stripe account is activated. Then go to your Stripe dashboard and make sure the 🔘 View Test Data toggle is turned off.
- Go to the ⚙️ Settings tab.
- Find the Pay-Per-View 🔽 menu and click on it to expand it.
- Select the Payment Gateways tab.
- Click the Pay by card (Stripe).
- Email: Enter your Stripe login email here.
- Publishable Key: Log in to your Stripe dashboard and navigate to Developers > API Keys.
- Paste the Publishable Key in the StreamingVideoProvide panel.
- Secret Key: Switch back to your Stripe dashboard and click Reveal Live Key Token next to Secret Key. Copy the value and paste it in the StreamingVideoProvider panel.
- While in the admin panel, copy the Webhook Endpoint URL.
- Go to your Stripe dashboard and navigate to Developers > Webhooks.
- Click the Add Endpoint button and paste the Webhook Endpoint URL you copied from StreamingVideoProvider in the first field (Endpoint URL).
- Click on the Select Events drop down 🔽 and type "charge.succeeded". The option should appear as you type. Select it.
- Click the Add Endpoint button to finish this part of the setup.
- Navigate to Signing secret and click on Click to reveal button. Then copy and paste it back in the StreamingVideoProvider panel.
- Go back to the StreamingVideoProvider admin panel and click the ☑️ I confirm I have completed the required setup tick box.
- 🔘 Enable Payment Gateway: This toggles your payment gateway on or off.
- 🔘 Show Payment Instruction Page: This option shows the text below it right after the viewer clicks the Buy button.
- Now simply click on the green ✔ Save button and your Stripe payment gateway will be live.