These steps will show you how to connect your equipment, archive your stream for later viewing and start pre-selling tickets.
Let's start, shall we?
STEP 1️: CREATE A LIVE STREAM PLAYER
STEP 2: CONNECT YOUR STREAMING EQUIPMENT
👩💻 Option 1: Use streaming software + webcam
Follow this tutorial to start streaming with your webcam.
📷 Option 2: Use streaming software + capture card + video camera
- If you don't have streaming software installed, just click the Download OBS button in 🎥 Live Studio.
- Then follow this tutorial to set up OBS to Live Stream with your DSLR camera or camcorder.
📹 Option 3: Connect a hardware encoder
- In 🎥 Live Studio, click Select Source > RTMP Encoders.
- Then copy the RTMP URL and Stream Key to your encoder. If you're still shopping for a hardware encoder, you can use EzeCaster Pro or purchase one from Amazon (Ensure that is compatible with your your A/V equipment—HDMI, SDI, Composite/Component).
📱 Option 4: Live stream from your mobile device
- Install the Larix Broadcaster app (Android and iOS).
- In 🎥 Live Studio, click Select Source > RTMP Encoders. Copy the RTMP URL and Stream Key and send them to your mobile device (e.g. you can use a shared Google Keep note or use the universal clipboard in iOS or simply email them to yourself).
- Go to Larix Broadcaster app > Settings > Connections > New connection.
- Paste the RTMP URL and Stream Key in one line like this:
🔴 Option 5: Stream with an RTSP/IP Camera
Follow this tutorial to start streaming with an IP Camera or see the video below.
STEP 3: CREATE PAY PER VIEW PAYWALL
STEP 4: CONNECT YOUR PAYMENT GATEWAY
STEP 5: PUBLISH YOUR EVENT
- Upload poster and/or set overlay text (optional). Select your live stream and, on the General tab, click Upload Image to add a poster. Click the Set Off-Air Mode toggle to add overlay text.
- Get a shareable link to send to your viewers or post on social media. Select your live stream, click 🔗Shareable Link on the right and then click Copy To Clipboard.
- Embed your live stream. Select your live stream, click Embedded Code on the right and then click Copy To Clipboard. If you're publishing the event on a Wordpress site, use code embed plugin. You may want to consult your webmaster about this.
- Monitor your sales from the Pay-Per-View Sales menu.