HOW TO STREAM WITH OBS STUDIO
CASE 1: OBS not installed
1. Click the Download OBS button in 🎥 Live Studio. This will download a pre-configured OBS setup file that is ready to work with StreamingVideoProvider.
2. Open the OBS installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Click the ➕ plus button in OBS Sources. See OBS Sources below to learn more about them.
4. Click Start Streaming in OBS.
CASE 2: OBS already installed
In this case, you will need to pair OBS with StreamingVideoProvider.
1. Open OBS and click the ➕ plus button in Sources. See OBS Sources below to learn more about them.
2. Go to the StreamingVideoProvider 🎥 Live Studio, click Select Source > RTMP Encoders.
3. Go to OBS Settings (bottom right corner of the screen).
4. Switch to Stream and select Custom from the Service drop down.
4. Copy the RTMP URL and Stream Key from the StreamingVideoProvider 🎥 Live Studio to the OBS Stream Settings.
5. Click OK to save your OBS settings.
6. Your live stream preview should be visible in the StreamingVideoProvider 🎥 Live Studio. Click Start Broadcast.
Did you know you can use multi-bitrate resolutions with OBS and enable adaptive streaming for your broadcast, by using this OBS Multi RTMP plugin?
OBS has a large array of sources you can use for streaming. In this tutorial we will be focusing on the top 2 use cases: Streaming cameras via Video Capture Device and streaming your desktop via Window Capture.
STREAMING CAMERAS VIA VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE
- Select Video Capture Device as your source.
- In the popup select 🔘 Create New and enter a name for your Camera. Click OK.
- Choose your Camera from the Device drop-down menu and change the Presets if you want.
- Click OK to save.
STREAMING YOUR DESKTOP VIA WINDOW CAPTURE
- Select Window Capture as your source.
- In the popup select 🔘 Create New and enter a name. Click OK.
- Choose the Window you would like to stream from the drop down.
- Click OK to save.
For more information on settings, here is a detailed guide: The Best OBS Settings For Streaming Professionally In 2020. To learn all about OBS, check out
the OBS Wiki.
Hardware Encoder Live Streaming
Software Encoder Live Streaming
IP Camera Live Streaming
iOS Devices Live Streaming
- Live Streaming with RTMP Streamer for iPhones & iPads (iOS 11+)
- Live Streaming with EzeCaster Mobile for iPhones & iPads (Up to iOS 10)