The Pay-Per-View API allows you to integrate custom 3rd party Payment solutions. There are a few simple steps that have to be followed in order to integrate and use a custom payment solution with your Pay-Per-View Media.
HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM PAYMENT GATEWAYS
- To create your Custom Payment Processor as Pay-Per-View Gateway you will need to go to the ⚙️ Settings tab.
- Here under Setup you will find the Pay-Per-View 🔽 menu. Click on it to expand the sub-sections and select the Payment Gateways tab which will display the available Payment Gateways in the centre column.
- Click on the ➕New Custom Gateway in the center column. This will open the Custom Gateway Setup Panel on the right.
- Here you need to enter a Name for your Custom Payment Gateway.
- Redirect URL - This is where your custom developed payment solution is located. Your viewers will be redirected to this URL if they have decided to use the custom payment method (See Parameters & API Setup below). All enabled payment methods will be listed in the Page Before Payment screen:
- Once you have completed your Rediect URL setup select the ☑️ I confirm I have completed the required setup tick box
- Image: Here you can change the Default Custom payment Gateway Image that is displayed to your viewers by uploading your own one.
- 🔘 Enable Payment Gateway: Clicking on the slider and placing it to the On position enables the Payment Gateway to be used for your Pay-Per-View videos.
- 🔘 Show Payment Instruction Page: Clicking on the slider will enable a page with instructional steps to be displayed after the viewer clicks on the Buy button.
- With the Instructions page enabled you are able to modify the text text displayed on that page to your liking.
- Now we simply click on the green ✔ Save button to save save your PayPal Payment Gateway.
PARAMETERS & API SETUP
Handle input parameters after viewer's redirection. The redirect is done via HTTP POST method. There are several parameters attached in the body of the request:
order_key = Order key generated by our system. This key is required for order confirmation by Developer API.
item_name = Name of purchased ticket. This parameter has displaying purpose.
amount = Amount of purchased ticket. This is the price that viewer must pay.
currency = Currency code of purchased ticket. Format of currency code is referred to ISO 4217 standard.
return = After successful completion of order, your viewer must be redirected back to our system via this "return" URL. This should be done after order confirmation through Developer API. Success message will appear and viewer will be able to watch the video.
cancel = In case of refusal, viewer must be redirected back to our system via this "cancel" URL. Cancel message will appear and tickets will be shown again.
- Store input parameters in Session or DataBase in order for them to be available for later use.
- Complete the payment process with your custom payment solution. Redirect viewer back to our system via "cancel" URL parameter in case of refusal.
- Confirm PPV order in our system. This must be done via Developer API. For further information take a look at service
38. svp_confirm_ppv_order in API documentation https://docs.streamingvideoprovider.com/#svp_confirm_ppv_order
- Redirect viewers back to our system via "return" URL parameter.
- Full example with handling input parameters and API confirmation could be found in our API examples. You can download the examples from: