The Core Platform API is implemented as a set of web services and notification callbacks that receive a standard HTTP request (GET / POST) and return structured response in the form of XML response.
THE CORE PLATFORM API SERVICES ALLOW FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Uploading new media files to the platform – Media uploads to the platform are realised through an asynchronous FTP/HTTP pull operation through a predefined source.
- Listing of media with filtering.
- Deleting media.
- Receiving (changing) properties for media (title, aspect ratio, enable/disable, media options).
- Receiving media statistics – Same as media statistics in the management panel presented in a structured XML (detailed & daily builds).
- Listing upload sources.
- Listing users (Only for resellers)
- Listing WebTV or Pay-Per-View Channels.
- Listing Player Templates
- Generating embed codes for media player publishing (option for using pre-configured templates).
- Receiving Streams Amount.
- Listing (receiving) Media Thumbnail Images.
- Start/Stop Live transmissions (Live Streams, WebTV & IP Cameras).
- Live Feeds (Live Streams, WebTV & IP Cameras).
StreamingVideoProvider supplies a Client PHP Library to facilitate integration. The library implements proper call convention and can be used as a solid starting point for application integration.
Note: This API is intended for a diverse set of requirements. For performance reasons we recommend any heavy load applications/sites to cache all of the needed data with their own service. Then update the local copy of the data when change notifications are received.
The API can be accessed from:
- Any other parameters can be passed through HTTP GET/POST requests.
- Service name is expected as "a" parameter:
Example of GET Request:
All service calls through this API require authentication. Authentication is achieved through API Key / API Code pair provided by the Management Panel.
- To get your API Key and API Code simply go to ⚙️ Settings > 🤵🏻 Account Details.
- In the Account Details panel you will see a section called API Settings.
- Click on the Generate New API Key button to generate a new Key.
- Click on the Generate New API Code button to generate a Code.
GET YOUR API TOKEN
api_key and api_code is used with:
To obtain an authentication token.
All errors are returned in the form:
<message>Error message here</message>
Success responses are described for each service within the documentation.
Note: The error messages returned are "error class" messages. For actual detailed error messages look at Appendix 1.
Server to server notifications are available as part of the API. These notifications are calls from the StreamingVideoProvider platform to your defined callback address (URL) which allows you to react on changes in your associated data. For further information about notification messages please look at Appendix 2 in the documentation.
In order to receive notifications you must configure your Callback URL in the StreamingVideoProvider Panel:
- Simply go to ⚙️ Settings > 🤵🏻 Account Details. Account > Integration > API Access.
- In the Account Details panel you will see a section called API Settings
- Enter your API Callback URL
All notifications initiated by the StreamingVideoProvider publisher API are implemented as asynchronous calls. They are initiated with a slight delay from the actual operations performed. The delay would usually be under 10 seconds. The API notifications are implemented as HTTP GET calls to an user specified URL address. Parameters are passed with the call depending on the notification event type.