Use the Embeddable Uploader to enable your visitors or colleagues to upload media directly into your video panel, without the need for them to log in.
You can send them a link or embed it in a page of your site so whoever has access to that page can upload from there.
When setting up your Embeddable Uploader, you can specify a metadata form that the person who uploads a media needs to fill in, so when the media arrives in your video panel, it will already have title, description etc.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR EMBEDDABLE UPLOADER
- Go to ⚙️ Settings > External Uploads 🔽 > Embedded Uploader.
- Here you will be presented with a Preview of the Uploader in the Center and the Settings Configuration Panel on the right.
- Under Set Metadata you can choose the default Metadata Form or select one of you own Custom Metadata Forms.
- Save In: Here you can set where new media files will be uploaded to. This can be set to Allow the User to Choose or you can also set it to a Specific Existing Playlist.
- Limit File Uploads: You can set this to a Single Upload or allow the user to do Multiple Uploads at a time.
- After Successful Upload: Choose if you wish to Display a Message or Redirect to a specific URL when a media file has been successfully uploaded.
- Message: If you have chosen Display Message after successful upload then you can edit the message displayed here.
- Set Redirect URL: If you have chosen Redirect to URL after successful upload then you can enter the URL address that the user is sent to once the upload has completed.
- Uploader Width: This is set to be responsive at 100% by default.
- Uploader Height: You can enter how many Pixel height you would like the uploader to take on your website.
- Open In New Tab: This will open the upload in a separate browser tab for you to see and preview the uploader.
EMBEDDING THE UPLOADER ON YOUR WEBSITE
Click on the </> Copy Embed Code button to copy the code to your computer's clipboard. You can then paste the code into your website editor.
SHARING THE UPLOADER AS DIRECT LINK
You can also click on the </> Copy Uploader Link button to copy a direct link to the uploader without having to embed it to your site. You can share the link directly with your colleagues / clients for them to upload from.