This article is part of the Password Protection series. It will show you how to add a new Password Group to your Password Package and walk you through the main options. Among other things, you'll learn how to:
- Set password expiry date
- Limit video views per password
- Generate random passwords for each viewer
HOW TO CREATE PASSWORD GROUPS
3. Click on the large ➕ New Password Group button and type a name.
4. The Add Passwords To Group menu on the right should be selected. Type a Password Group name.
🔐 Passwords Generator
- Expiry Period: Use this option to set an expiry date and time for the passwords you're generating.
- Total Views: The total amount of views allowed across all videos that are connected to this password group. For example, if you have 10 videos in a playlist connected to this password group, you might choose to set this option to 20. This can be 2 views of each video in the playlist or 20 views of 1 single video. If you want to tune further, use the next option.
- Max Views Per Video: This option will determine exactly how many times the viewer can play each specific video.
- Tags: Enter any tags that can help you identify your password group at a later stage.
🎛️ Password Generation Type
- 🔘 Random: Generates a chosen amount of random passwords. Max 50 at once.
- 🔘 Custom: Enter a single password you would like your viewers to use. (⚠️ Not recommended)
4. Click the ✅ Save button to generate your passwords.
5. Your newly generated passwords will appear on the right below Existing Passwords. Send them to your viewers.
- To disable a password (e.g. when an employee leaves), you can simply navigate to your password package and click on the password. You can learn more about password management here.
- To add one or more passwords to an existing Password Group, select the group and click Add Passwords To Group. Adjust the Password Generator settings and then type the number of passwords you want to generate under Password Generation Type.
- You have created a Password Package called “Company on-boarding videos”
- You have added a Password Group “Sales Department” with 10 randomly generated passwords.
- You have added another Password Group “Marketing Department” with 10 randomly generated passwords.
- You have then given those 20 passwords to each employee in those 2 departments.
- You have linked your entire on-boarding videos playlist by going to Playlist Setting > Access Control > Password Protection and selecting the “Company on-boarding videos” package.
Now, all existing videos and all videos that are later added to this playlist will be password protected. Only those 20 people that have the passwords can unlock the on-boarding videos playlist.