This article is part of the Password Protection series.
A Simple Password enables you to type a password that viewers need to use to watch your content.
But, in some cases, you may want more control like generating different passwords for each viewer or making your passwords expire after a certain date. This is where Advanced Password Protection can be helpful.
The first step you need to take to use this functionality is to create a new Password Package.
HOW TO CREATE A PASSWORD PACKAGE
- Immediately: This is the default setting. The password request will pop up right after the viewer clicks the ▶️ play button.
- With Delay: Use this setting to let viewers watch several seconds (or minutes) of the video without entering a password. Type for how many seconds you want to delay the password request, e.g. 30, 60 (1 minute), 90 (1:30 minutes), and so on.
4. Click the ✅ Save button at the bottom of your screen.
NEXT STEP: Add one or more Password Groups to your Password Package.
- You can use Advanced Password Packages to enable someone to bypass your PPV paywall.
- An Advanced Password Package is not the same as Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). You can read more about 2FA here.