Learn how to setup and save remote sources such as FTP and HTTP Servers which you can then use and reuse to upload single or multiple media files remotely. The cloud server will automatically copy the files that you wish to transfer to your StreamingVideoProvider Media Cloud. We will also look at enabling AutoSync Watch Folders which enable the cloud media server to periodically check and synchronise any changes made on the remote server. You can find out more about remote uploaders by visiting our Uploaders Feature page.
HOW TO SET UP A REMOTE RESOURCE
- To start you need to click on the All Media button in the left hand navigation bar.
- Now click on the Add Media button located on the top Media view.
- This opens a popup asking you which media you would like to add.
- Select the Remote Upload tab.
- Now select the + Create Remote Source button.
- You will be taken to the Settings page for Remote Servers. Here you can start by entering a name to identify the remote server in future
- To add a single remote video simply enter the full path to the remote media.
HTTP Links will need to be added with their full address such as:
FTP Links will need to have the username and password placed within the link such as:
- Port: Here you can enter the specific port you want to use to connect to your server.
- Username and Password: Here you can enter the login details for your server.
- Now simply click on the green Test Connection button to ensure that all the details entered are correct.
AUTOSYNC WATCH FOLDERS
- AutoSync / Watch Folder: If you enable the Auto Sync Job button, the StreamingVideoProvider Cloud will periodically check your server for any media in the destination folder. If new media is added or old media is deleted then these will be added or removed from the chosen cloud destination playlist.
- Enable the Auto Sync Button
- AutoSync To Playlist: Select the destination playlist you wish for the media to be added to.
- Attach Metadata: Here you can choose from specific Metadata forms. We have created a Default Form which gives you Metadata such as Video Title, Tags, Short Description and Long Description. If you wish to add your own Metadata please see Metadata Forms
- If you type in any Metadata in the upload form before uploading, it will be applied to all of the videos that are being uploaded.
- Now simply click on the green Save button to save your Remote Server Source and start uploading your videos.
- Remote Uploads Introduction
- Remotely Uploading a Single Video from a HTTP or FTP Location
- Creating & Managing Remote Upload Sources from the Settings Panel